Nilesh Y. Jadhav1*, S.M. Hipparagi2, M.Bhagavan Raju3, Manoj B. Kothule4, Sagar D. Kadam4, Anagha S. Avalakki5
1. Research Scholar, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad, HSBPVT’s GOI College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Kashti, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India 414701.
2. KLE University’s College of Pharmacy, Rajajinagar, Bangalore, Karnataka, India 560010.
3. Gland Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shivampeth, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India-502313.
4. HSBPVT’s GOI College of Pharmacy, Kashti, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India 414701.
5. PES Modern College of Pharmacy (For Ladies), Moshi, Pune, Maharashtra, India 412105.
‘Human life is more precious than any other thing’ so to take care of it there is ultimate requirement of better drug treatment, hence there is the birth of drug design & new invention in drug development takes place in the pharmaceuticals. In present scenario the drug demand in the pharmaceutical market is increasing day by day, hence various methods of drug design are being developed to create a new drug with less cost, less efforts, less time and maximum efficiency. There is a observation that, various methods and approaches are use to design a drug, like Molecular modeling, Quantitative structure activity relationship, Combinatorial chemistry, Structure based drug designing, Computational chemistry, In silico drug designing, Synthone approach. But in the above mentioned methods all are not used routinely. The most convenient methods to be used according to my study and observations are Molecular modeling and computational chemistry. In this method we can save the time by structure activity relationship or mechanism of action of a compound without performing experimental work, but by changing the molecular structure or by use of different computer software. Hence these methods are time saving, economic to gives better results.
Keywords: Drug design, Molecular modeling, Computational, chemistry, Synthone approach.